The Research Council is responsible for formulating research policies, identifying thrust areas, advising possible funding agencies and monitoring and reporting the progress and quality of research to the Vice Chancellor from time to time. The Research Council shall meet at least once in six months. Research Council has not yet been constituted during the reporting period.
Research Council shall consist of the following members, namely:
- Director of Research who shall be the Chairman of the Council.
- Directors of all Schools;
- One senior faculty member who is a recognized guide from each School nominated by the Vice Chancellor
- Director of each Regional Centre;
- One representative of Indian Council of Agriculture Research;
- One representative of MoES;
- One representative of fishery industry nominated by the Vice Chancellor; and
- The Vice Chairman of the Planning Board, Government of Kerala or representative of the Board nominated by him.