INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
Establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in an institution is a stepping stone for pushing towards long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for improving the quality by initiating, planning and supervising various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution on par with global standards. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The Primary Aim of IQAC at KUFOS is
- To achieve excellence in Higher Education, with relevance comparable to National and International Standards and Global competence.
- To empower teachers, students and society through value, skill and technology oriented teaching, learning research and extension activities and thereby enhance their creative, innovative and employable abilities in the context of the evolving knowledge society and economy, influenced by global challenges and changes and promoted holistic and inclusive growth.
IQAC cell of KUFOS shall adopt various procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial task by convening regular meetings to discuss the introduction of new and innovative courses, interaction between the various schools, implementing more co-curricular activities for students and to promote faculty competency by conducting various developmental programmes.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning and Development of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC.
- Conducting regular Academic Audit.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Chairman: Head of the Institution:
Dr.K.Riji John, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor
- Teachers to represent all level:
- Dr.K.Renjeet, Associate Professor & Head, AEM
- Dr.Maya Raman, Associate Professor, FOS
- Dr. Rajesh K. Assistant Professor, FFM
- Dr. Rajeev Raghavan, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Safeena M.P, Assistant Professor
- Dr.Shijo Joseph, Assistant Professor, FOS
- One member from the Management:
Dr.Susamma.A.P., Director, Planning & Development
- Few Senior Administrative Officers :
- Finance Officer
- Dean, FFS
- Dean, FOS
- Dean, FFE
- Director of Research
- Director of Extension
- Controller of Examination,
- Assistant Registrar, Planning & Research
- One nominee each from Local Society, Students and Alumni:
- President, Kumbalam GramaPanchayat
- Chairman/Chairperson, KUFOS Students Union
- Joint Director, Department of Fisheries
- One nominee each from Employers /Industrialists/Stakeholders:
1.Sri. C T Varghese
- Co ordinator of the IQAC
Dr.Anu Gopinath, Assistant Professor
- Joint Co ordinator of the IQAC
Dr.K,Manjusha, Assistant Professor