INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
Establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in an institution is a stepping stone for pushing towards long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for improving the quality by initiating, planning and supervising various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution on par with global standards. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The Primary Aim of IQAC at KUFOS is
- To achieve excellence in Higher Education, with relevance comparable to National and International Standards and Global competence.
- To empower teachers, students and society through value, skill and technology oriented teaching, learning research and extension activities and thereby enhance their creative, innovative and employable abilities in the context of the evolving knowledge society and economy, influenced by global challenges and changes and promoted holistic and inclusive growth.
IQAC cell of KUFOS shall adopt various procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial task by convening regular meetings to discuss the introduction of new and innovative courses, interaction between the various schools, implementing more co-curricular activities for students and to promote faculty competency by conducting various developmental programmes.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning and Development of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC.
- Conducting regular Academic Audit.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Director: Prof. Dr. Devika Pillai, Director of Research (i/c)
Co-Coordinator: Dr. Rajesh K, Assistant Professor, School of Management and Entrepreneurship
Senior Administrative Officers
Director of Planning
Teachers to represent all level
Dr. Daisy C Kappan, Director of Extension
Dr. K. Renjeet, Associate Professor, Department of Aquatic Environment Management
Dr. Shijo Joseph, Assistant Professor, School of Fishery Environment
Dr. Rejishkumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Aquaculture
Dr. Nevin K G, Assistant Professor, School of Ocean science and Technology
Nominees from local society
The President, Kumbalam Grama Panchayat
Anjana Jose E (Research Scholar, SOST, KUFOS)
Dr. Suseela Mathew, P. S., CIFT, Kochi
Nominees from Employers/Industrialists/Stake holders
Adv. Manu C Pulikkan, Governing Council member, KUFOS
Dr. MR Boopendranath, Governing Council member, KUFOS
Dr. AIex Ninan
Dr. Balchand, Retd Professor, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi